Many know I’m a Downriver boy, but I have a lot of appreciation for those training in Northern Michigan, especially during our Michigan winters. These next two CLEARLY put in work this past winter.
- In the D4 ranks, Makenna has been a household name for three years now
- She finished 19th as a freshman, 4th as a sophomore, then finally broke through to a State Title in 2020
- Not one to rest on her trophies, she underwent a massive improvement on the track, chipping off over 40 sec. from her previous best in the 3200m
- I had a good talk with her and her dad following the Meet of Champions, I love their work ethic and approach toward the sport – she’s not blessed with the greatest speed in the world, but she makes up for it in grit
- Once again, Micah’s cross country times don’t jump off the page
- Important caveat though, as a sophomore, this was his first year competing at the high school level
- In spite of that inexperience, still managed to steadily progress throughout the year with hardly a subpar performance
- Made a leap in track, establishing himself as a sub-10 3200m runner early and once again, performing at a high level nearly every time out
- He did not qualify for State in the 3200m, but bounced back 10 days later at Record-Eagle’s Honor Roll meet with an 8 second PB.
2 thoughts on “50 Tickets to Brooklyn: #44”